If you have a flat tire on your car, it is important to know how to change it. This can be challenging if you do not know what you are doing. Follow these steps to change a flat tire on your car safely.
- Pull over to a safe location. Find a level spot where you can safely pull over and park your car. Turn on your hazard lights to warn other drivers.
- Loosen the lug nuts. Use a lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts that hold the wheel in place. Do not remove them completely. Just loosen them enough so they can be removed by hand later.
- Raise the car. Use a jack to raise the car up off the ground. Place the jack under the car's frame, near the wheel that needs to be changed.
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel. Once the car is raised, remove the lug nuts and take the wheel off.
- Put on the spare tire. Put the spare tire on the car and hand-tighten the lug nuts.
- Lower the car. Use the jack to lower the car back down to the ground.
- Tighten the lug nuts. Use the lug wrench to tighten the lug nuts as much as possible.
- Put all of your tools away. Make sure you put the flat tire and all of your tools away in the trunk of your car.
You should now know how to change a flat tire on your car. This is a valuable skill to have in case you ever find yourself with a flat tire. Remember to be safe and take your time when changing a tire.